1. Baby and I just got back from a fabulous appointment. It was our second non-stress test/biophysical profile, and he rocked it again with a ten out of ten. Then we got a chance to meet with the nutritionist. After going over my three weeks of blood sugar numbers, she said I can cut back to testing my blood sugar only TWO times a day. AND she took me off of the low-carb diet! This is thrilling news to me! She actually wants me to push it a little bit by eating more carbs than usual and then testing. If my numbers stay low, then she is going to talk to the doctor about whether or not I need to keep coming in so frequently. I'm trying not to be too excited about this possibility, but it is so reassuring that it's even being considered. What a way to start off this week :)
2. Another reason to be excited that it's Monday? Hubs is coming home! He's been gone since Thursday on his annual ski trip in Colorado (scheduled a little earlier than usual this year for obvious reasons).
photo credit: Gooney Riders
They went to Crested Butte this year, and did some resort skiing as well as some backcountry skiing. I was a teeny bit concerned about him being gone while I'm 33 weeks pregnant, but I love this man and he LOVES skiing. This might be the last trip he gets to make for a little while. Although I know he's already dreaming about strapping some skis onto his son :)
3. I hate to say this and jinx everything, but lately pregnancy has been more comfortable, not less. My back pain is all but gone, the contractions have slowed down quite a bit, and other than being a little more tired than normal I'm really hanging in there. Don't get me wrong, the big belly isn't exactly convenient, but it's treating me okay. I am just starting to get so excited to meet my little man.
4. While hubs was gone I got the chance to work on a few nursery projects. Here's a sneak peek of a couple of things:
5. One more project... my Valentine's Mix CD for 2011! I love making these each year.