I was tagged by one of my favorite bloggers, Julia at My Life in Transition, and thought it might be fun to look back through my posts to find some old favorites... here are the rules for this meme:
1) Blogger is nominated to take part
2) Blogger publishes his/her 7 links on his/her blog – 1 link for each category.
- Your most beautiful post
– Your most popular post
– Your most controversial post
– Your most helpful post
– A post whose success surprised you
– A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
– The post that you are most proud of
3) Blogger nominates up to 5 more bloggers to take part.
4) These bloggers publish their 7 links and nominate another 5 more bloggers
5) And so it goes on!
6) The site Trip Base is sharing the best posts from participating bloggers on their blog and everyday on Facebook and Twitter at #My7Links
Most Beautiful: I have to pick the long drawn out telling of Finn's birth story for this category, and the last chapter specifically.
Most Popular: As far as page views go, (many thanks to Pinterest), the reveal of Finn's nursery is the most popular post here by far:
Most Controversial: I don't tend to be the most controversial blogger, although I do get a mean comment every now and then just like everyone else. If there's anything that will get people worked up though, it's breastfeeding, and I was surprised that someone out there found my post on the subject to have an "undertone of condemnation". There were lots of others who found it helpful though, so you won't find me shutting up about my boobs anytime soon ;)
Most Helpful: Judging by the comments and emails on the subject, it's my two cloth diaperposts.
Post Whose Success Surprised Me: A year and a half later, and this is still one of my most popular posts. You wouldn't believe the number of people who find my blog by googling "river rock shower tile" and land on this post about our master bathroom renovation.
Post That Didn't Get the Attention it Deserved: This is just silly, but I spent a stupid amount of time working on our Halloween costumes last year and got only four comments on that post. Just not a lot of love out there for homemade puffy paint sweatshirts?
Post I'm Most Proud of: I'm really proud of this post about my birth plan... I did so much thinking about it before I wrote it, and the words took so long to get right. Writing it really helped me come to terms with the things that went wrong and the things that went right with Finn's birth.
Wildcard: I'm adding in this bonus category. You know you've been reading my blog for a long time if you remember this one: corn knobs.