Here's what's been I've been up to in the past two weeks:
1. Forgetting that I have a blog. I didn't post a weekly Finn picture last week for the first time in 38 weeks. I did take one, however, and it's Christmas themed. Stay tuned.
2. Realizing that Christmas is quickly approaching and perhaps I should buy some gifts? Thank God for Amazon Prime. As of last night, this, this, this, and this are en route to my house. Duncan the mailman-hating schnauzer is going to have fun this week.
3. Baking FOURTEEN dozen cookies in preparation for the two cookie exchange parties I attended yesterday. Nothing like a deadline and an unrealistic goal to suck the fun right out of baking. In less dire times, it might have actually been fun, because these turned out quite delicious: Cookies 'n' Cream Cookies.
4. Sleeping. And thanking God for the invention of the sleep sack and readers who tell me the right one to buy. Since the very first night with the Dee Dee Sleep Sack we have been enjoying ten, eleven, TWELVE hours of baby sleep at a time. It's all going out the window tonight of course since I just told you about it, but this is too good not to share.
5. Seeing my prenatal yoga buddies for the first time since we all popped out our kiddos. We all got together last night and had some much needed cocktails and time away from our kids where we OF COURSE talked nonstop about our kids. It was great. Also it was fun to tell each other over and over just how skinny we looked. Funny how that happens when you're no longer carrying around a child.
6. Trying to distract you all from this scrambled and random attempt at a blog post with some cute baby pictures.