Anybody remember this picture? Finn's nursery (in the tidiest state of its life) had one big eyesore/safety hazard that we had always planned on doing something with before he arrived. We thought about covering the fireplace with a board and painting a crackling fire on it, turning it into a cozy little book nook, or putting shelving in it. Eighteen months later, we have finally tackled this project!
We decided to cover the (still functional) fireplace with a magnetic chalkboard. Hubs cut a piece of plywood to fit the opening, applied five coats of magnetic paint, two coats of chalkboard spraypaint, and attached the whole deal with three trim pieces. Voila!
I made these felt ABCs using this tutorial from Hellobee. I'm working on some numbers next.
It's a hit :)