1. October was a month full of blog-slacking! I have so much to catch up on- we went to Italy the second week in October to visit my brother and family and had a wonderful time! Traveling internationally with a toddler was a big adventure but we were pleasantly surprised that it was actually pretty awesome. I'll post more about that soon! I also have to get Finn's 19 month (!) update finished, and post some Halloween pictures. Not lacking for blog content, I've just been totally unmotivated to sit down and do it!
2. One thing that I have been managing to accomplish while not blogging is filling our bellies with some October-themed food. Here's what's been awesome around here lately:
Pumpkin White Bean Crock Pot Chili - I promise that you can't really taste the pumpkin too much, it's just delicous and hearty. I added QUITE a lot more chili powder than it calls for since we like things on the spicy side.
Spicy Pumpkin Soup - This is not a new one and I might have mentioned it last year too but we make this so often and love it. I use half real pumpkin (sugar or pie pumpkin) and half canned pumpkin. I love having leftovers of this for lunch all week.
Pumpkin Oreo Cheesecake - I made the diet version- one oreo per mini cheesecake instead of two ;)
P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wraps - Not pumpkin, but I'm sneaking this one in because it's so delicious. I think it's the fresh ginger that makes them.
3. I'm looking for a new Christmas card site this year. I've used Shutterfly for the past two years and been involved with their blogger promotion, but didn't make the cut this year (BITTER) somehow so I'm moving on. I'm looking at Minted, My Publisher, and Paper Coterie. Paper Coterie has a coupon code good for 50% off of holiday cards right now (HOLIDAYCARDS2012) and I'm intrigued by their jacket cards. We had family pictures taken while we were in Maine in August that I am excited to use!
4. One more Paper Coterie update (sorry [and yes I am an affiliate, and you should be too because you have to do nothing but sign up and they send you free stuff ALL the time]) - I had a code for a free Halloween item and I made this book for Finn which he loves. This and his ABC book from them are two of his favorites.
5. Three things I am currently dreading- (1) Daylight savings time- with the time change adjustment coming back from Italy we are already waking up earlier than I would like and I am NOT looking forward to moving this up. (2) Frankenstorm/Count Stormula/Hurricane Sandy- recent forecasts show that Annapolis could have SO much flooding and I'm sad for what this means for our little city. (3) My winter wardrobe- I was pregnant in 2010, didn't really buy anything new last year thinking my size was still changing, and so I'm basically looking at my 2009 stuff and it's just not happening. Since I only work three days a week I don't really want to invest in work clothing, and I also don't feel like I should spend money on the stuff I wear at home on the other days. Ugh.
6. Such a random naptime-inspired post and now the little man is awake before I can wrap it up in an interesting way. How about some good things coming up? We have five Halloween-themed events in the next five days... pictures of a little lobster to come!