Finn's buddy Amelia gifted these to him for Christmas and they just might be my new favorite toddler activity ever. These foam stickers that you match by shape and color to create pictures held Finn's attention for half an hour (aka forever) the first time he tried them. Then we brought them to a restaurant and he did them quietly solo while we waited for our food and had a conversation. We are ordering more immediately.
For your husband:
Husbands are impossible, no? Here's what mine wants for Christmas: a new drill. I think I've gotten him a new drill every year since we've been married, but who am I to judge? He does magically turn Ana White links that I email him into actual awesome furniture, AND I am the proud owner of some new built-ins, so it's fine by me. Research via Amazon reviews led me to this one...
maybe your husband wants one too?
For your best friend: This is on my Christmas list this year and it comes highly recommended. It's nail polish that goes on and comes off like normal nail polish, yet allegedly lasts like UV gel nail polish. Amazing. There are a million colors and the grapefruit sparkle is on its way to my December-birthday BFF's doorstep. Hopefully there will be some in my stocking as well.
2. A Doll house. Yes, boys can have doll houses too. This one is gorgeous, not gendered, and we are trying to decide if we want to pull the trigger on this purchase for Christmas or wait until Finn's third birthday.
3. A serious fire engine. Bruder toys are no joke. This one is an investment, but I'd rather Finn have a nice version than a cheap one that will fall apart. I'm pretty excited to set this one up and see the look on Finn's face when he sees it.
5. A microphone. This is a Finn-requested item. Currently Finn's greatest hits (The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Redemption Song, and the Fireman Sam Theme Song are the eclectic choices of late) are sung into remotes, stuffed animals, and cups. We know he'll love an official version.
6. Binoculars. A must-have for a curious preschooler, and this version has great reviews.
HO HO HO! It's gift guide season in blogland and here's my contribution. If you're looking for younger toddler ideas, you can check out last year's picks- you can find 12-18 month ideas here and 18-24 month ideas here. To start, here are some things that Finn has LOVED over the past six months or so- perfect for a two year old.
1. Puzzles. Our current favorite, done multiple times per day, is this one from Crocodile Creek.
2. Books. Some of our current favorite picks can be found here, but I also wanted to mention a few interactive books that Finn is loving lately....
4. Football Guys Lots of football guys with a foldable field and goalposts. Finn will set the players up over and over and over again. Baseball Guys, which is conveniently advertised on the side of the box, is on his list for this Christmas.
5. Dress up clothes. Yes, boys can play dress up too. This firefighter costume was originally for Halloween, but it is played with daily.
7. ABC magnets. Directions to DIY these here, or have someone do it for you here, or try this wooden set. Finn loves these, they've been a hit for over a year, and I'm pretty sure they'll last us a long time.
8. Tools and workbench. This was a Christmas gift from last year and it still gets a ton of use.
Up next... what is on Finn's list for Christmas this year... toys for an almost 3 year old.