Up next, Cormac's current favorites. He turned 2 in August and here's what he's been loving lately....
1. Hape City Family Doll House My mom has been building up Cormac's collection of these gorgeous wooden doll "house" pieces. The rooms themselves are separate- movable and stackable into endless configurations. We have a few other sets of houses, and lots of accessories, including the playground set, and school bus. These are great for many many minutes of independent play for a 2 year-old and can be packed away easily, unlike a large dollhouse. This is the kind of toy I know I will save for my grandchildren to play with someday!
2. Books. My second child is a bit pickier in his book selection than my first. These are his favorites at age 2:
Lift and Look: Construction Site
Boats GoThis series (we also have Trains Go)is a delight to read.
The Ear Book We gave this to Cormac when he got ear tubes put in in June and he requests frequent readings.
3. Bruder Toys Garbage Truck These trucks are pricey but so well made and get more play than any other truck we own.
4. Water Wow These are amazing and two of them live in my diaper bag at all times. An awesome alternative to handing over electronics to kids in waiting rooms, restaurants, and in the car.
5. Melissa & Doug Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles in a Box These were favorite first puzzles of Finn, and Cormac loves them too.
Baby Bogs Classic Waterproof Winter & Rain Boot. These were the best last winter... easy to pull on and adorable- highly recommend!
7. Duplo Airport Cormac is dying to play with real Legos now, but he still loves Duplos as well (and actually so does Finn at 4.5). We have a big bin, but the airplane is a frequently fought-over prized item.
Christmas ideas for 5 year olds
Christmas ideas for 4 year olds (part 2)
Christmas ideas for 4 year olds (part 1)
Christmas ideas for 3 year olds (part 2)
Christmas ideas for 3 year olds (part 1)
Christmas ideas for babies: 9-12 months